The Texas Area Network(TXAN) Outreach Department connects Leaders and Groups with local and statewide resources and organizations and helps Leaders to reach out to their communities in new and effective ways.
The purpose of this department is to:
- Represent LLL of Texas on the Texas Breastfeeding Coalition and coordinate with Leaders in other regional breastfeeding coalitions
- Reach out to groups and organizations that complement our mission of breastfeeding support to identify ways that we can collaborate
- Assist Leaders who are preparing outreach endeavors (presentations to teen moms, school groups, incarcerated moms, Montessori teachers-in-training, medical students, etc)
- Maintain a database of past outreach endeavors
- Work with the Equity Advocate to assist Leaders to increase equity and diversity within our Leader ranks and more effectively support breastfeeding mothers/parents in under-served populations in our communities.
TXAN Outreach Department Team
Area Network Outreach Coordinator (ANCO)- Paula Clay
Local Coalition Liaison- POSITION OPEN
- Are you part of a local breastfeeding coalition? If so contact our ANOC to learn ways to help LLL better connect with your local coalition. Ideally we would like to include representative from each coalition in Texas.
Area Network Equity Advocate- Ginger Chun
Area Equity Advocate- POSITION OPEN for all Areas in TXAN!
- We are currently looking for Leaders interested in supporting other Leaders as we all work towards reaching more families. You can read the job description here.
Volunteers for Phone Line– Volunteers NEEDED If you are interested in volunteering to answer calls from the phone line please fill out this form.